Monday, April 20, 2009

Pardon the hissy fit


My calves are not as cute

Ok. I'm over it. Pardon the hissy fit of last Saturday. I was really disappointed with my performance, cramps and all. Tonight's run was better, although I am still bedeviled by calf cramps.

This week, the running time ramps up while the walking time diminishes. I really appreciate the extra running time - it's easier to hang in there once the "groove" is established after the 2.5min mark or so.

As I said, the cramps were present, but they weren't as much of a factor as they were on Saturday. I'm going to email Dan the running coach to ask him what I can do to prevent them. Hopefully he'll have some good suggestions.

As for stats, today I'm maintaining my best times from last week. I'm hoping I can crack the 2.6mi mark this week, but that all depends on the calves.

Stats:
Total time: 30:00
total distance: 2.22 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment