Monday, June 1, 2009

Stay Tuned!

This is just a placeholder post to tell you how much I appreciate your support! I am going to replace this post soon with an in-depth summary of race day and a loooong thank you note, but I don't want to leave you hanging, so here's the quick and dirty:

Race day stats:
weather - perfect
jitters - absent
team camaraderie - inspiring
sense of joy - overwhelming
Race time: 39:46 (not bad for a slow fat girl, eh?)
total amount raised to help patients with leukemia & lymphoma: $1005.00

Words can't express my thanks for your support, but watch this space, because I really am going to use every word in my arsenal to convey my gratitude.

Oops. Almost forgot one stat.

Number of runners who wore a purple wig? Just the one:

(not my most flattering angle)

No comments:

Post a Comment