Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Catch up

Hi there! Did you miss me? I am SO sorry that it's been almost a week since my last blog - this has been a week where I literally haven't had a moment to myself. Between job, rehearsals, work committments and actual running, there's been precious little down time.

Last weekend's training runs are edging me out of my comfort zone. Last Saturday I had to run 5 miles, and I started to hit a wall around 4.5 miles. That last half mile was brutal. Sunday's 2 miler was a walk in the park compared to Saturday.

Monday was a rest day, but I ran 2 miles at lunch anyway. Same thing Tuesday, except I ran 3 miles. Today was a rest day, and I actually rested!!

I'm definitely not focused this week. There's too much going on. It's hard to keep in the zone, and concentrate on what I need to do. I'm very pleased that, despite the busy-ness, I haven't slacked on the mileage.

I'm nervous about the coming weeks. The long runs are getting longer. There's a few weeks where I've got 4 mile short runs planned, and that seems a bit much.

Cross fingers that I can get through the rest of this week and re-focus next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment