Monday, April 13, 2009

Gonna Fly Now!

Oh tonight's training run was SO much better than last week!!



Getting strong now! Won't be long now! Gonna fly now!! Flying high now!!! Gonna fly!! Fly!! FLY!!!!

This week, the amount of time I spend running is increased, while the walking is decreased. Last week was a little tough - I only got to jog in 90 second intervals, and it's tough to find that running groove - that space after the first 2 minutes or so when your body adjusts to the rhythm - when you're doing those short bursts. This week the training has me jogging in 3 minute segments, and that's SO much better. Can't wait till next week when there's even MORE running time!

Today has been a really inspiring day. Sue, my honored patient, came to work. Three days after her first chemo. I am totally amazed by her bravery. She's a marvel. My race mentor Gabi (who has a wonderful way with words) emailed me, "These honored patients have no idea what they do for us just by getting through their days. They think we are amazing? Not all on our own...we learn it by watching them and seeing their grace under fire." It's absolutely true. Sue is such an inspiration, and she keeps me motivated.

Tomorrow is a rest day, but I'll be back tomorrow night to walk you through the links I have posted on the sidebar on the right!

Stats:
Total time: 30:00
mileage: 2.20 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment