
Hey folks! First "official" training run of the whole plan is in the bag! Two miles in 25 minutes. Sure, that's slow, but I'll take it!
For those of you who are my facebook friends, I have a confession. Or perhaps a clarification. Remember when I posted "Deirdre got up at 5am to get her training run done. This is surely an unnatural harbinger of the coming apocalypse."?
Well, that's totally true. I DID get up at 5am. And me being awake at 5am is completely at odds with the natural order of things.
HOWEVER, I did not run at 5am. I pulled on my gear, grabbed the dog's leash, and stepped outside into a pouring, chilly 38 degree monsoon. Being the delicate little flower that I am, I made the split second judgment to let the dog do her business and step back inside. I figured I could easily clock in the two miles scheduled for today at my company's gym treadmill on my lunchbreak.
So, I took a shower, made breakfast and got to work early (and got a lot done!).
Then lunchtime rolled around. I headed over to the gym. Let me offer you a couple of words of advice. When faced with the choice of a chilly monsoon, or a gym whose ventilation system has broken down, giving it the air of The Black Hole Of Calcutta - CHOOSE THE MONSOON.
Err in haste, repent at 120F leisure.
Still, I jumped on the treadmill and got those miles clocked in. Nothing was going to stop me, fetid air be damned!
Tomorrow is another rest day - I've got a little motivational something special in store for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment