
Ah, changes are taking the pace I'm going through...
I've had that David Bowie song "Changes" in my head all day, and I think it's pretty a propos. For the past few days, things are different, body-wise. I've made a deal with my vanity NOT to weigh myself until after the race. This isn't about weight loss. This is about becoming better, stronger, faster (now I've got the theme to "Bionic Man" in my head!).
But four weeks in, things are definitely changing. For instance, my legs feel weird. Not a bad weird. It's like the muscles and joints are rearranging themselves to be more efficient. It's as if they've had a conference and said "ok, she's been at this 4 weeks now, we might as well stop fighting her and do what she wants." They feel more fluid. They feel...looser, I guess. I'm also noticing that I'm starting to crave the run. I'm starting to look forward to getting my heart rate up. I don't tire as easily. I sleep better. My mind feels sharper. My mood is better.
And I think I might be getting a waist again. I don't want to say that too loud, in case I jinx it, but things are definitely fitting more loosely.
No comments:
Post a Comment