What a weekend!
We had a lot to do this Saturday, so I flipflopped the training schedule. Instead of 8 miles on Saturday, and 3 miles on Sunday, I did 3 miles on Saturday and....well, we'll get to Sunday in a minute.
Saturday dawned bright and sunny, and since it was hazmat day in our town, we loaded up the car with all the old paint cans, cleaners and small appliances we had and trekked them all over to the town garage. Then we cam home and I suited up for my 3 mile run.
It was FAIL for pace, WIN for charm.
I'm thinking about changing my running route. I run through a new development, and since I walk my dog there a lot in addition to doing the training, I've gotten to know a lot of people (by their dog's name, mostly). Since Saturday was a brilliantly sunny day, lots of people were outside, doing lawn work. And friendly waves turned into short chats and offers of water. Sweet, and neighborly, but disastrous to my time. Not that I really care about time, but I do like to keep things consistent.
Sunday was another story. It was hot, humid and sticky, and by the time my morning committments were out of the way, the sun was blazing and it was 87 degrees outside. I headed out, forgot the sunscreen, and pretty much collapsed after 4 miles. I was so incrdibly disappointed with myself.
I dragged myself home, and, after a vicious bout of self-loathing, determined to get out there after the sun went down, and finish what I started. And I did, with time to spare. So that was pretty redemptive! As I said before, anger is a great motivator for me!
Today is supposed to be a rest day, but I'm going to get out there tonight (it's cooled down a lot) and attempt those 8 miles again, all in one fell swoop. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment