Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yeah, I Really Need To Change My Route




Yesterday was a rest day, but I was feeling SO good about Sunday, I decided to give the 8 miles another go. I knew in the back of my head that I probably wouldn't get all eight in before the sun went down, but I wanted to get out there and enjoy the beautiful sunshine and fantastic breezes. So I suited up in the lycra, and last year's Freihofer singlet.

I'm not sure I should wear that singlet again. It has a habit of riding up, and no one wants to see me run in a belly shirt. Trust me.

I set out at 7pm, along my regular route. I run in a development that has a 4 mile loop, a 2 mile loop and a 1 mile loop. Any combination of those loops will get me the mileage I want. Thing is, when you run it pretty much every day, things get familiar, and your mind wanders.

I had a great run - about 6 miles in 1:10. But my mind was wandering "oh look so and so got a new car", "that house is for sale again?" "is it the law that only volvos and bmw's are allowed on this street?"

I had a feeling that if I were focused, my time might have been better.

Nevertheless, it was a great run, and the weather totally made up for it's poor showing on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment