
WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN??
I'VE GOT A LOT OF NERVE, SAUNTERING IN HERE AND UPDATING THE BLOG LIKE I HAVEN'T BEEN MISSING IN ACTION FOR TWO WEEKS!!!
~hangs head in shame~
I hate it when I yell at myself. Well, no. Not really. I come up with some pretty creative insults for myself.
But enough of this petty schizophrenic bickering!
I'm here! I'm still running! Race day is in 19 days!!! I'm still training! And aside from a temporary setback last week, I'm on track!
Let's see - last time I posted was May 4th. Since then, I've run a 9 miler, walked a 10 miler and jogged/walked an 11 miler. And ran a ton of little (heh, I remember when 3 miles wasn't so little) 3 and 4 mile runs. The 9 miler felt FANTASTIC. That was an excellent run, and I wanted to turn right around and run it again. The 10 and 11 milers were problematic, as I came down with a strep infection on the 14th, and haven't TOTALLY recovered from it yet. So the 10 miles on the 15th was walked. And I skipped all the little runs the week of the 17th. I got back on track on the 22nd and jogged/walked the scheduled 11 miles, which was more than I thought I could do.
Tonight, I've got 3 miles scheduled, and I can't WAIT to get to it, seeing as how this will be the first run in over a week when I can breathe through my nose.
YAY FOR NOSE BREATHING!!
In fact I'm so happy to be feeling better, I'm working my way through a bag of Twizzlers to reward my immune system.
What? It's fuel. Shut up.
I promise to be better about updating the blog. Life and job and craziness and family (sometimes crazy family) intervened. Mea culpa. Like I said, race day is 19 days away, so there will be lots of opportunities to bore you with my progress.
Aside from last week's strep setback, I've been feeling incredibly lucky to experience this process of training and challenging myself. As I was discussing with my friend Lauren, each inch, each mile I run digs the well of my potential that much deeper, and each nickel I raise helps find a cure, and supports blood cancer patients and their families. It's a pretty fantastic feeling.
------------------------------------------------
Update:
3 miles in 33 minutes! not bad for the first short run after being sick for a week!
you are rocking this cause so so well, and digging so deep into the wisdom of it all. it's friggin awesome. I attach this article as inspiration, no matter that it's about a marathon, the thoughts transfer into all distances. (i totally used this for my first 1/2.)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/20/opinion/20iht-edsegall.html?_r=2