Friday, June 11, 2010

I Don't Do Patience



Here's a little Lake Placid Half Marathon update:

Fundrasing goal achieved? check
Training complete? check
Tickets, reservations? check
Bags mostly packed? check
Arrangements to board Finny at the kennel? check
Patience to wait until Sunday, June 13th at 8am? FAIL

Ok then.

How about I run the race NOW??? The anticipation is killing me.

I am so impatient, it's not funny.

This is my first half marathon, and my first experience with the concept of "tapering" in training. Which basically means I've run little more than 2 miles each run for the past 2 weeks and I am absolutely going stir crazy to run more.

I am so grateful to everyone who donated, and am flabbergasted that I have exceeded my goal by almost $500. You are the most generous, wonderful people I know, and I will make you really proud on race day.

I wish today was race day. Have I mentioned that?

Here's hoping this nervous energy will float me a little faster on Sunday morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment