It's Friday night. I'm home from a long day at work, a long service, and dinner at a local sushi restaurant. 4:30am seems like eons ago, but that's when I got up. I headed over to the Y at 5am, passing an early morning jogger whom I'm pretty sure I hallucinated in my befuddled, half awake state - he was bedecked in strobe lights on his ankles, wrist and head. I understand the need to be seen in the pitch dark, and I applaud that man's aplomb in making his work-out into a moving disco floor show!
My training run this morning seems so long ago, I barely remember the details, but I have a vague recollection of being conscious and moving. My stats stayed the same from Wednesday - I felt like I was running through molasses!
I talked to my race mentor for the race on the phone today! Gabi is wonderfully supportive and I'm excited to meet her and work with the team tomorrow morning at the ungodly hour of 7am! Gabi told her she'd be the loud one, hugging everyone. I told her I'd be the bleary-eyed, stumbling zombie!
Till tomorrow!
Stats
Total time: 30:00
mileage: 2.16 miles
(it felt longer than 30 minutes) (early mornings are evil)
No comments:
Post a Comment