[scans the cardio room for a treadmill that won't break, climbs on]
"this will be easy.....5 minute brisk warm up, run/walk intervals for 20 minutes - I did this Monday, no problem....[5 minute walk ends, 1.5min jog starts]..ow....ow...shoulda worn the other jogging bra....ow.....ow...OW......OW.....OW!!!!! please oh please oh please stop hurting...ow....ow...ow...are my bat wing arms creating aerodynamic drag?....ow...ow...ow....."
And so on.
This was the polar opposite of Monday's run. The first 10 minutes were hard! My finger hovered over the "speed down" button like a nervous NORAD flunky waiting for the right launch code! But I kept to the program and kept going. I didn't fudge the times and didn't substitute intervals. And funnily enough, as the run progessed, I felt that the running intervals were more comfortable than the walking! That's never happened before! I'm looking forward to next week when the running times increase and walking decreases.
Stats:
total time: 30:00
mileage: 2.16 miles.
My distance is creeping forward! Yay!
------
This is a shot of the vending machine at the Y. I bask in the irony.
No comments:
Post a Comment