Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Training music

Hello! Today is a rest day, but that doesn't mean I'm not planning ahead for the week. This is Holy Week, and I'm a musician, so it means that all of my evenings, starting Thursday and ending Sunday, will be spent in church.

So. Friday. In order to get the training run in, I have to get up at 5am.


I'm going to make sure that I am well fortified with coffee and sugar before I stumble into TNT Training Saturday morning at 7am. It's only fair to my teammates.

My friend Emily (hi Emily!) asked a question on yesterday's blog about training music. If I'm running on the treadmill at the Y, I'll usually plug my headphones into the TV, but if I'm out running around the neighborhood, I have a few playlists set up on my iPod, and I think I'll share a particularly heinous one with you. I call it the "Bleeding Ears Workout" playlist. Anyone who lived through the 80's will be cringing at this one;

Deirdre's Bleeding Ears Playlist
Stretch/Warm up:
The Word Girl - Scritti Pollitti
Something About You - Level 42
Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley

Burn:
Don't Go - Yaz
Cult of Personality - Living Colour
The Glamorous Life - Sheila E (know what this song needs? Less cowbell)
In A Big Country - Big Country
Wings of a Dove (Celebratory Song) - Madness
Do Your Thing - Basement Jaxx (yeah, I know they're not 80's, but this song keeps me moving)

Drum Machine Zone:
Take On Me - a-ha
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
You Spin Me Right Round - Dead or Alive
Keep Feeling Fascination - Human League
99 Red Balloons - Nena
There Must Be An Angel - Eurythmics

Cool Down:
Destination Unknown - Missing Persons
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Genius of Love - Tom Tom Club
Life in a Northern Town - Dream Academy

Seriously. Can you think of a worse collection of songs than this? I think this playlist makes me run faster - if only to escape it!

Here's a little something something for you Rick Astley fans out there:

1 comment:

  1. your playlist has stirred my soul. please reproduce it at your wedding.

    ReplyDelete