I wore cute little flats to work today. Little ballet flats, with cute stitching. I love them. They go with everything. Even though cardio isn't on my training schedule today, I decided to do a 3 mile loop at lunchtime, so I changed out of my cute little ballet flats, into my sneakers and took off. When I got returned, the ballet flats went back on.
Here's where the not-so-smartness comes in. When you exercise, your feet swell up. When you shove your swollen feet into little ballet flats and then walk around with them rubbing up on your big toe knuckle, you're gonna get blisters. And when you have to walk a half mile to the parking garage, IT'S GONNA HURT.
So, I've got giant blisters on both my feet. I eschewed the cross training (I was going to do the rowing machine to get my arms toned up), and soaked my feet instead. I figure the 3 extra miles I ran today makes up for it.
You'd think I'd stop making these newbie blunders, wouldn't you?
PS - I want these shoes. If someone donates $1000, I'll run the whole half marathon in them:

------------------------------
Today's fun link:
An Honest Facebook Political Argument
(big thanks to my friend Mark P., who provides most of these links)
--------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment