Sometimes it's more edifying to see how I'm dealing with my training by monitoring my interior dialogue - you know, the stuff that's running through my head while I'm running. Usually it's 3-4 syllable combinations, like "keep on going", "ow this hurts" or "I hate this".
When reading the following interior monologue, keep in mind my blisters are still pretty fresh...
[laces up sneakers][sets off down the road]
"ow this hurts ow this hurts ow this hurts eff you blisters eff you blisters eff you blisters who's your daddy who's your daddy who's your daddy how can I blow my nose with no one seeing me? keep on going keep on going keep on going crap this hurts crap this hurts shut up shut up shut UP SHUT UP"
Yeah - tonight's 3 miler was a beaut. It actually wasn't that bad, since once I got moving, the pain of the blisters just sort of became background noise, and got drowned out by the feeling of accomplishment for getting the run done.
Then I peeled my socks off.........YEEEEOUCH!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment